The workshop organization is pleased to provide financial assistance to attendees to take part in this one and a half-day workshop, Comprehensive Management of Aging in HIV. The workshop participation grants available cover attendance, travel, and accommodation expenses provided by the own organization. Participants from America are encouraged to participate in the Buenos Aires edition, next year. Other locations’ participants will be prioritized.
Every grant application will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Scientific Committee that will evaluate all aspects thoroughly and ensure no application is subject to any type of discrimination. Each application will be assessed against selection criteria and priority will be given to those that have provided a detailed abstract on their scientific work and HCPs that play an active role in the development, implementation and investigation of managing age-related conditions in HIV patients.
There are a limited number of funds available to award grants and those will be awarded on a competitive basis to those who meet the following requirements.
- Healthcare professionals who deal with HIV-infected patients and can, therefore, provide an informed opinion and ideas of how to manage and improve the progression and prevalence of HIV age-related conditions
- Healthcare professionals and scientific researchers who demonstrate a scientific interest in this subject area and are undertaking related research projects
- Healthcare professionals and HIV-patients and advocates that can contribute to the debate by providing up to date views on the issues surrounding the management of these conditions.
- Scientific community and representatives of educational institutions that can contribute from a multidisciplinary point of view and intend to share the learnings of the workshop with a wider community.
Application procedures & key dates:
The deadline for grant application is on the October 25th. If funds are exhausted before that date, no more grants will be awarded.
Terms and conditions:
- This support is non-transferrable. If you receive a grant and are unable to attend the conference, please let the conference secretariat know as soon as possible.
- For best consideration, applications should be made as early as possible. Applications will be considered until the exhaustion of funds.
- Applicants will be notified of the decision by email. Successful applicants will be notified with further instructions.
- The organization in collaboration with the Scientific Committee reserves the right to make the final decision regarding all applications, which cannot be disputed.
- Once flights or any other transportation tickets are booked, any changes or cancellations of the tickets will be charged directly to the grant recipients.
- By registering for the conference, participants agree that the organizers do not accept responsibility for medical, travel, or personal insurance. Participants are advised to take out their own insurance policies.
- By accepting the grant, the grantee consents that the organizers might disclose information related to the transfer of value (contact information and grant amount covering transport and lodging costs) received by the grantee if this is requested by the sponsors to comply with applicable laws.
- The conference secretariat cannot be held responsible for any incorrect information that is given out due to application forms filled out incorrectly or for any information sent after the deadline.
- The conference secretariat cannot be held responsible / take responsibility for any kind of accident; loss of valuables or materials; expenses incurred in connection with a conference participation grant & conference participation.
- Receipt of a conference participation grant implies presence and active participation in the program. Grantees agree to sign in during both program days. In the case of no-shows, grantees agree to cover all costs incurred in view of their conference participation grant.